Monday, May 19, 2014

Lip Sync DE


Just a quick update, this is the final (low quality youtube) version of the my lip sync shot before it is taken, edited and made pretty with a nice background and snow FX. It took around 3 attempts to get it right, and I am pretty happy with how it has turned out. I think that the sound fits the character, and that it is believable that his is saying this line.  It would have been nice to take a bit more time on that action animation rather than just focusing on the lips, but time is tight.  For this short I really found the use of a live action reference video incredibly useful, and I think it would have been a lot messier without that added direction. I also think that the fact that I had around 3 or 4 attempts at this shot before I settled helped a lot too, as I think it can be easy to rush into a shot and then suddenly realise its going to be much harder than expected, and it is important, especially with Lip sync, to get it right.

I have completed my other two shots as well, but as they are so short, I haven't bothered to upload them. I will post the final product with all the other shots as soon as they are ready..



below is an older version for comparison.



No comments :

Post a Comment